My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ack! Why????

Heard in my house over the past 24 hours...

"Mom! I think something just exploded in the microwave!!!" [oatmeal - God help me.]

"Mom! Have you seen Precious?? [the hamster] I can't find her!!

"Mom! Why is there black stuff all over the stove??"

"Mom! Where's my swimsuit?? I have to go in five minutes!!"
And that's just the tip of the iceberg... In addition I have a catering gig on Saturday (35-40 folks) so I will be cooking cooking cooking on Friday. And my relay for life walk on Saturday as well...

So things remain busy. And Explosive. Lovely....

Update: Okay - so I really don't mean to be whiny. I just had a moment of weakness... Things are going great. Really great. And everything is going to work out fine.... Precious is fine. The oatmeal got scrubbed out, and the black?? Well, it will be okay too. I just need to chill.

And cooking relaxes me and makes me happy - and the girls will probably be thrilled to eat something that wasn't prepared by a McAnybody, or that came out of a box. So there's that...

Besides, I have been sort of watching Scott Baio is 45 and Single. Good grief, Chachi. Get a grip. Now that's a freeking mess, folks. What I am living with is NOTHING in comparison....