My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Nothing like adding a little touch of panic to your life...

Good grief. Just the thought of trying to get this place ready to be on the market makes me slackjawed and glassy eyed. And panicky. Like spin around and try to think of where to start, panicked.

How do people *do* this??

I mean, I know how to move. Been there, done that a bajillion times. (Okay, more like 17 - but still!) And I get the logistics of that. But wrapping my brain around selling/buying a house into the mix has me all inside out.

What do you do first? What steps do you take? What if the house sells right away and the other house isn't ready? What if our house won't sell? How the hell can I keep this place ship shape enough to be shown at the drop of a hat?? How oogie is it that strangers will be trekking through?? Where do I put Taylor and Buddy (the dogs)?? What about all that crap I planned to put in a yard sale this spring?? WTF are we thinking?? Ack!

And then my mind bounces to the "Oh, get a grip." mode for a minute. And only for a minute...

Right before I enter the "This house is fine. And it would be sooooooo much easier to stay, wouldn't it?" mind set.

And then I remember the SPACE that the other house has. The price. The Kitchen! A real honest to God kitchen where more than one person could be! And it's pretty.... And the personal touches we could add in to the parts of the house that are as yet unfinished...

...

I'm gonna lose it for sure. Hope I get the laundry done first...