My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tuesday! Whoo!

Not that I am usually a cheerer of Tuesdays, but since I am enjoying an unsolicited day off and the sun is shining - I'm damn cheerful!

And I might even get my house cleaned - a total bonus.

But before I do, I saw this meme the other day over at Tuning Spork's Blather Review and it looked like fun! (Just realized that I didn't have Tuning Spork on my sidebar - shame on me! That's been fixed....)

1) How old do you wish you were? I really like my age right now, so I'll say 36. I'm looking forward to 37 and even 40...

2) Where were you when 9-11 happened? St. Louis, MO. WxMan and I were just getting packed up and ready to go (the 12th) on our first get-a-way without the kids. Needless to say, we didn't go...

3) What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Nothing - I just don't care that much.

4) Do you consider yourself kind? Yes. Though I am occasionally snarky.

5) If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? I have one. It's on my right ankle.

6) If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be? I would like to be truly fluent in Spanish. Right now I can hold my own, porque me cunada es de Culican y estudie espanol en el colegio. But my verb conjegation is for shit. If you don't use it you lose it...

7) Do you know your neighbors? Sort of - they're new. But I really miss the ones that were there before... We had an awfully good time.

8) What do you consider a vacation? Practically anything that gets me away from the house. But really - an afternoon with a really good book can do it for me too.

9) Do you follow your horoscope? Uuuhhh No. Though I do know that I am a Scorpio and that I *shouldn't* have married WxMan (a Gemini) because we aren't supposed to be compatible. Whatever.

10) Would you move for the person you loved? Been there - done that more times than I care to count...

11) Are you touchy feely? Not really. And I do not like it if people come all up into my personal space without invitation or just freeking stand too close to me. But I have been known to pat some one's arm while talking to them.

12) Do you believe that opposites attract? I guess - but I don't see how that works out... I still can't wrap my brain around Mary Matalin and James Carville being married.

13) Dream job? Ummm... I really like being a homemaker. But if I had to choose, I guess it would be being a caterer / party planner. I like doing that too.

14) Favorite channel(s)? 42, 66, 69, 70, 9, and 5.

15) Favorite place to go on weekends? Home. I like to be home on the weekends.

16) Showers or Baths? Showers. Tummy island is depressing in the bath.

17) Do you paint your nails? Toenails? Yes - red. Fingernails? No. I work with my hands too much and the polish is forever FUBAR 2 seconds later. It's not worth it...

18) Do you trust people easily? I generally have a visceral gut reaction to people when I meet them - those to whom I react to positively are pretty much *always* trustworthy. Those to whom I react negatively rarely get a chance to prove themselves one way or the other. Neutrals get a "wait and see" approach.
I am rarely wrong about someone.

19) What are your phobias? Spiders for sure... And, uh... I fear failure I guess. Though the definition of success changes..

20) Do you want kids? Been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt. (The tee-shirt of course got spit up on, and soon there after didn't fit because of the baby weight. Now I use the tee-shirt to dust my house.)

21) Do you keep a handwritten journal? No. Hello - what would I need one for? Have you looked around here?

22) Where would you rather be right now? I like where I am, thanks.

23) What makes you feel warm and safe? My friends and family. And having a clean house with soup simmering on the stove, a little money in the bank, and all of my peeps at home...

24) Heavy or light sleeper? Beyond heavy for the first 3-4 hours and then light, light, light. WxMan is just the opposite so it made getting up with the kids vastly easier when they were little.

25) Are you paranoid? Why? Why do you ask?? ::closes blinds::

26) Are you impatient? No. Okay, well sometimes. But generally I am extremely patient....

27) Who can you relate to? People who I love and trust.

28) How do you feel about interracial couples? Love is love.

29) Have you been burned by love? Yup - though not in recent memory.

30) What's your life motto? Well the motto I was taught as a wee child (and asked to recite to the general amusement of adults) was "Never give a sucker an even break." Now it's "Complete Honesty in Word and Deed is a good way to get punched out."

31) What's your main ringtone on your mobile? Hey - it's a phone. It sounds like a phone, okay? Besides, I don't know how to even do that...

32) What were you doing at midnight last night? Sleeping.

33) Who was your last text message from? I think I got one once from a girlfriend in Montana.

34) Whose bed did you sleep in last night? Mine.

35) What color shirt are you wearing? Black.

36) What are you listening to right now? The sound of the furnace running - it's 7 degrees out right now and there's a windchill...

37) Name three things you have on you at all times? At all times? Even in the shower? Uhhh... Skin, hair, and a bracelet.

38) What color are your bed sheets? Cream.

39) How much cash do you have on you right now? Right now my pockets are empty.

40) What is your favorite part of the chicken? The cluck.

41) What's your fav city/place? Man - this is a toughie. Silvergate, MT comes to mind as does St. Louis, MO. And here in Wisconsin where I live. We plan to stay.

42) I can't wait till . . . Friday! Then I am happily unemployed again!

43) Who got you to set up a blog? Well, I couldn't have done any of it without Harvey at Bad Example writing his series of "How to Blog" posts. Thanks Harvey!

44) What did you have for dinner last night? We actually took the girls bowling and had really good (but bad for you) bowling alley food. Pizza, onion rings, jalapeno poppers, chicken cordon blue bites... Yummy.

46) Have you ever smoked? Yup.

47) Do you own a gun? Yes.

48) Tea or Coffee? Tea. And I like mine sweetened and with a little milk.

49) What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? There's been no luring around here for an age...

50) Do you have A.D.D.? No. At least I don't think so... Oh look , something shiny!

51) What time did you wake up today? 4:05 am

52) Current worry? Not feeling worried today. That's nice!

53) Current want?. More time with my family and to do the things that I want to do... I'm going to get it too....

54) Favorite place to be? Home.

55) Where would you like to travel in the future? Europe, Costa Rica, and I'd like to tour the Caribbean.

56) Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs? God, I have no clue. I'd like to say living here contentedly, but when I look at our history - Sky's the limit! The girls will be almost 19 and 20. I think I'll just try to be prepared...

57) Last thing you ate? A container of white chocolate raspberry Yoplait.

58) What songs do you sing in the shower? There's no singing in the shower here, kids. When you meet me you'll see/hear why... But I *do* whistle well and in tune. Just not in the shower...

59) Last person that made you laugh? T1G over at Drunken Wisdom.

60) Worst injury you've ever had? Probably when I dislocated my patella about 7 years ago. That was the most painful, anyway...

61) Does someone have a crush on you? WxMan, I hope...

62) What is your favorite candy? Snickers. OR my homemade toffee.

63) What song do you want played at your funeral? Hmmmmm.... hopefully I won't have to make a decision on that for a LONG time.

See, fun!!!

And now it's time to get to work...