My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, January 12, 2007

TGIF!

Hoo boy. It's Friday, thank heavens. And I am wiped out.

Giving my notice on Monday was an excellent decision given the way this week has gone for me. I mean, scheduling is fairly random - but good grief. It is obvious that the powers that be weren't going to *try* to get me to stay by making work fun.

Oh hell no.

So I am feeling really really good that next Friday will be my last. Thanks for playin' - buh bye.

Meanwhile, the one "real" new years resolution I made this year was to read more books. I just haven't been allowing myself the luxury of time and space to do that, and I miss it desperately.

I love to read - and there is a lot of great stuff out there. (And some trash that you just can't help but like. Heh.) Last Friday as I tried to avoid death's door I treated myself to For One More Day. What a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours! And just this week I got some other new books in the mail.

I think this afternoon, I will treat myself. At least for an hour...

It's Friday after all.