My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Notice...

I am giving mine today.

Now don't get me wrong - the reasons are all good ones. But after 10+ years of being a stay-at-home mom, it took a damned big event to make me go back into the workforce.

Let's face it, we needed the money. And my time away from home and the family were justified.

But when circumstances change, changes need to me made. Or un-made such as the case may be...

Circumstances have changed. For the better.! And WxMan and I have made the joint decision - though he has been pushing for a while - that I should once again hang up my spurs and be the full time CEO of the family. (Needless to say, I never really stepped down as CEO, I just moonlighted for awhile. )

I am thrilled! Mostly...

But feeling a little bit guilty...

After all, I have been there for a year...

I am good at what I do, I work hard, and most folks seem to like me (even the ones who can't quite wrap their brain around my name). My inner work ethic says, "Hey - you're not broken. Suck it up! They need you!!"

My logical (and far thinking and motherly) inner voice says, "The girls will not be youngsters forever - you can afford to be there for them NOW. And make home life less stressful for everyone. What's the problem?"

What's the problem indeed...

I have gone round and round and round in my head, and cannot come up with so much as one compelling reason to stay at my job. Yes, a little extra money is nice. But when I weigh what I bring in with what it is worth for me to be available to my family 24/7 and still have time to do the things that I *want* to do???

Awww... hell - it's a no-brainer.

Someday, I may find something (career wise) that I really want to do, that also fits in with the family and brings in an income...

Or not...

It's nice to have the choice again, either way. And nice to know that a big stress decrease is on the horizon. Did I mention that WxMan has been pushing for this?? Oh yeah - he sooooo wants to go back to the time when I was here to handle everything. He reaped those benefits too, you know.

And hell, I might even get the laundry caught up... Sky's the limit! (And hey - miracles happen.)

Now I just have to step forward and do it...

Update: Well, once I got over the general oogy stomach feeling while telling my boss, and then got over the really, really oogy feeling while telling my friends - all was well.

There are certain things that I will miss. Many things that I will not. And they seem genuinely sorry to see me go.

I'm okay with that. T minus 11 days until this ride is over. :-)