My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Oh, for the love of ...

Could I please just clone myself!?!?

Or at least score one of those life sized cardboard cutouts and just have a recording of me saying all of the things that I am *always* saying on a loop??

  • Please, hang up your coat!
  • Make sure you put your wrappers in the trash!
  • Are these your socks? Where do they go?
  • Pick that up, please.
  • No, I don't care if you think it's your sister's... Please pick that up!
  • PICK THAT UP, PLEASE! NOW!
  • ..... Do you hear me?
  • Why do I have to ask again and again and again??
  • Shoes in the shoe place!
  • Get off of each other!
  • REALLY! GET OFF OF EACH OTHER!
  • Find another place to sit.
  • Why are there socks here?
  • No eating in the living room, please!
  • What are you eating??
  • Get off of your sister!
  • Why must there be screaming? Find some words to use...
  • Apple bits in the bathroom?? APPLE BITS IN THE BATHROOM???
  • Please - just shut the door and hang up your coat.
  • Get off of your sister!
  • Wrappers! Trash! Make the connection!

Really, I just want to hide in the secret compartment behind the crisper in the fridge and talk on the phone. Moms have those days...

Only boo - I don't have a secret compartment behind the crisper. So if I could just clone me or get that cut-out I would be golden....

School day tomorrow - ask me if I am a little bit happy about that!

Update: The girls got off to school - happily. Ready to get back to their routine and their friends.

This post was a combination of a week and a half's worth of "togetherness." And written after the discovery of umpteen bits of apple all over the floor and sink in the weird little bathroom. WTF?? I don't know. And both Sporta and Computa copped the "Wasn't meeee..." defense.

Right - must have been the invisible goats then.