My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Meanwhile... yesterday during Acolyte training...

(Yes, I'm serious. Sporta wants to be an Acolyte.)

I got to have this conversation with the Deacon:

Me: "Are you sure it's a good idea to let Sporta walk through the church with fire for heaven's sake? I mean, I don't know that I would even want her lighting candles at home...."

Deacon R.: "Oh yeah... she'll be fine! After all, what's the worst that could happen?"

Me: ::total Bou *blink*:: "Are you serious?? How many "what's the worst that could happen" scenarios would you like for me to lay out for you?!?!"

Deacon R.: ::chuckling:: "You mom's worry to much..."

Me: "Well, yeah... Hello! That's our whole job!"

Deacon R.: ::shaking his head and chuckling at me:: "She'll be fine."

Me: "Oh sure... That's what everybody says before some kid burns God's house down..."

Deacon R.: ...

--------------------

I know, I know. I'll be fine.

After all, they serve wine there... ;-)