My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas passed down...

The girls called me into the living room tonight...
"Mom!!! Mom!!! Your favorite Christmas show is on!!!! Come and see!!!
Oh yes, I do so love Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Rudolph too... And Frosty, and The land of Misfit toys, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, a Charlie Brown Christmas... all of the old classics.

Yes, the animation is jerky and strange compared to the animation of today - but still. It's like a big pan of macaroni-n-cheese or mashed potatoes and gravy.

The basics, especially when done well, are the very best...

And *I* believe in Santa. More than that...

I love him, actually.

Always have, always will... (The Burgermeister Meisterburger can kiss my ass...)

Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

Indeed....

:-)

Update: And they followed the show with Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Somebody up there (or maybe just on the family channel) likes me... And wants me to take the night off apparently. Whoohoo!