My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

I need a hero...

I was surfing around yesterday, looking for something to watch while I folded clothes. (Hey, c'mon. It's a big part of what I do!) Anyway, on some relatively obscure network, I ran across Blind Fury. Oh man! I hadn't seen that movie in years, and had forgotten what a great freekin' story it was...

Rutger Hauer was the epitome of kick ass cool in that movie. I mean a blind guy who's cane is actually a sword? (And he knows how to use his sword, girls...) A man takin' care of business [read: kicking bad guy ass] while helping out an old buddy and caring for said buddy's kid?? Beyond hot. Hot, hot, hot. And that single tear he sheds at the end of the movie after catching the toy dinosaur out of thin air while the kid laments, "I'm gonna miss you, Uncle Nick!"??? Classic. Just classic. And hot.

'Course I have always had a thing for the hero/anti-hero type. Sure the golden boyscouts have their place, but Superman (in any of his incarnations) never did it for me like Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, or Bruce Willis (all bloody and battered) in the Die Hard flicks. Wolverine? Oh help me! Even cheesy Ben Affleck in DareDevil had that..... oh something that just works, even when most of the time he annoys the crap out of me.

I can see I am going to have to take a break from Harry Potter and see what else is out there. I seem to have forgotten about a lot of movie.... um..... magic that I could definitely be entertaining myself with. And there is always more laundry to fold...