My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Today...

The Good News? All of the 2006 calendars are at least 40% off.

The Bad News? No stores really have any left.... ::sigh::

Between Wal-Mart, Target, and Shop-Ko the pickins were slim. Really, really cheap! But slim....... At one point I thought I was going to have to go with an Anne Geddes calendar or one that was all about quilt patterns or fuzzy kittens. Ack!

I finally found one with pictures of National Parks -- that'll work. And a handy desk calendar with a "brain puzzler" for each day. Here's the one for today:
What four-letter word can be placed in the blanks below to make three different words?

  • ____BEAR
  • ____NSIC
  • ____CLOSE

So there you go, brain food. I'll post the answer in the comments later. MENSA here we come!