My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, January 02, 2006

Packing up

Time to put Christmas away. The house always looks so bare after all of the pretty cheerful things go back into storage. Less cluttered and cleaner, yes. But a bit bare none the less. It makes me better understand those folks that leave a tree up year 'round and decorate it for every season. Obviously I'm not there yet, but I can understand the motive. Perpetual cheer. (Even if it is a little tacky....)

Just to complete the depressing feel of putting the Christmas away, it's raining today too -- with thunder no less. Hello! It's Wisconsin?! In January!?! There should be NO rain thankyouverymuch. Snow, yes. Rain, no. And the thunder gives the whole thing a little armageddony feel. The last thing you want to think about is the possibility of Armageddon while you're putting away the holiday decor. Sheesh! Think I'll be playing some big band music while I pack up Christmas. You can't have Armageddon when Glen Miller is playing, it's a rule.

So that's it for me. The kids skipped brightly out the door to go to school this morning. Ready to compare notes with their friends, I imagine. Hubby is off so he will be available to help me wrestle the Christmas tree back into the basement. It's all good. Well, except for the pouring rain and thunder. Somebody would have mentioned if it was going to be Armageddon today, right? Surely it would have at least been in the paper..........