My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Gray....

The new... 'er... gray.

I am telling you, I don't think that we have seen the frickin' sun in Wisconsin in at least 2 weeks. Just gray, gray, gray, and occasionally some rain. Boo.

And now there isn't even snow to at least make the place look frosted and welcoming! Just mud. Soupy, icky patches of mud occasionally surrounded by filthy nasty ice mounds. Yuck.

And just in case you don't have enough time in your day to appreciate the mud that is outside, the mud will come inside via dogs and kids. Wonderful. Now I get to spend some more time cursing the kitchen floor.

What person (and I am confident that a y chromosome was involved) thought that:
a) white linoleum would ever bee a good idea?!? Or that
b) the best places for it would be high traffic areas?!?!

Stupid floor. So that's my day, today. Scrubbing floors, folding laundry, and cleaning bathrooms. Later as a "high point" I get to drag my chubby a$$ to the gym and look at the muddy gray ick while strapped to a treadmill (that I am not entirely sure isn't trying to kill me....)

...
...

What? I'm in a good mood! Why do you ask? Oh all right, I'll put the hatchet down.... A mop *would* work better, I guess. (Not nearly as satisfying, though....)

I hope that your day at the very least includes some sunshine as all of this causes me to ask, "Is it cocktail hour yet?"