My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, October 27, 2008

It's all fun and games until the hotel catches fire...

So, okay - the "fahr was in the drahr" as we were told. But an early morning smoke filled evacuation was tough none the less..
And that's the truth. Thbbbbbbbt. Hence the wet smelly smoldering dryer guts in the hotel parking lot - can't make this shit up....

Anyway, this past weekend I was privileged to attend the annual (and most fabulous) blogmeet at the Straight White Guy Compound. And can I just say? Wow - what a party... Everything it's cracked up to be and then some.

Eric and his lovely wife know just how to make an entire cross section of bloggers and other peeps feel most welcome. Goodness! What a time!! Food! Entertainment! Hospitality! Conversation! It just doesn't get any better than that - seriously...

And can I just say?? Eric looks most dashing in a Zonker gifted pith helmet.. A few more accessories and he is ready for a tour of Africa - Oh yeah...

I had a most wonderful time filled with fun and terrific conversations. Truly - though the drive was long, I had a blast. A perfect way to get all ready for a long winter...

Okay - maybe the snow flying here this afternoon was overkill on Mother Nature's part, but still. I had a terrific time and met some wonderful people - my blogroll runneth over for sure!

Seriously - I tried to name names - with descriptions! But it is all too much for now. Everyone was simply fabulous... Just check my side bar under Bloggers I have had cocktails with - good and entertaining people, one and all...

Thanks so much to everybody - I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you. And Eric?? You are a wonderful host. Can't imagine things any better...

Tennessee is most beautiful in the Fall...