My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rest in Peace

It's a sad sad day in Wisconsin. The creator of the Chicken Dance died today.
The man from Milwaukee who gave the world the Chicken Dance has died.
Local Musician Bob Kames, the creator of the dance so many of us do at weddings, has died at the age of 82.
Many of my fellow Translucent Americans will undoubtedly mourn his passing, but will take comfort that his legacy will continue to live on at weddings and roller-rinks here in Wisconsin.

God speed Mr. Kames - thank you for helping drunk Norweigians dance since 1982...

(Don't know what the chicken dance is?? Click here. I have been known to get down with my inner chicken a time or two myself!)