My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Air Force One

That's what we watched last night down in the Man Room. Too many commercials (it was on TNT or TBS or something) but in high-def with the surround sound?? Awesome!!

About halfway through the movie, I noted to WxMan,
"You know what?? THAT'S the kind of President I want. The one who has the balls to stay with the plane and has a single desire to win the day and kill the terrorists. That's my kind of guy right there."
And then they cut to a scene where the Veep - portrayed by Glenn Close - is in the Ops center, wringing her hands, sighing, trying to get a grip, and at one point??? Tears. There she was with freeking tears...

The constant hand wringing and sighs were worse, though. And while throughout the movie she definitely had the President's back, it was all of the overly emotional B.S. that was such a turn off for me. Suddenly I was reminded of Hillary's tearful campaign moment - not what I am looking for, apparently.

I don't need a President (or Vice President, for that matter) that's going to get all sensitive during a crisis or need to turn to everybody and their brother for more hand wringing and opinions. Good grief.

I know that last night it was just a movie. But you know - if it bugs me THAT MUCH when it is purely fictional?? I can just imagine how I would feel about the state of such things in real life... Hmmmm....

Also, interesting to note that it was perfectly okay in Hollywood to kill terrorists (in movies) in 1997. I wonder what happened to change that...

Anybody see a really good "America Wins The Day" flick lately??

Yeah - me either. And that's a shame...