My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Puttering...

That's what's on tap for me today.

Now that all of the Christmas is put away, I want to get storage areas organized and FUNCTIONAL. It makes me absolutely batty to not be able to find things immediately upon needing then. Drives.me.bonkers. I have been told that it is something to behold when I am in "the zone" and looking for something important. (Even if it is only important to me.)

So I plan to tackle the "closet of doom" today along with the hall closet (where we actually hang coats). Soon to follow will be:
  • The Master Closet - it is in *serious* need of an overhaul
  • The guest room closet - where all of the extra office stuff got shoved when we moved
  • The kitchen cabinets - I am *still* not happy with placement there
  • Every single bookshelf in this house - things just need to be in their proper place
  • The storage room in the basement is in pretty good shape - but could still use some work
  • The Garage. Holy crap - that's going to be a weekend. But I will wait until it is warm out
Maybe I should take pictures.

Speaking of pictures, I have a few of those I need to find homes for. I managed to get some unframed artwork framed yesterday and I am well pleased with the results. I have the perfect spot for this one...


It's going to hang in the kitchen.

It's this one that I am struggling to find placement for...


It's beautiful and I just love it. I want to ensure that it is placed somewhere where it can be most enjoyed. Hmmm...

I am sure something will come to me. There's got to be a spot...

Anyhoo, I am off. If you don't hear from me in the next day or two please send someone to the closet of doom to pull me out. I am probably wedged between the vacuum and the dog food. Thanks.