My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Well, it's that time of year again....

WxMan and I got our love letters written to Sporta to send in to school.

**sigh**

And I didn't get nearly as pissed off about it this year as last - but it still feels like b.s. to me - just saying. And I stand by this remark I made about the whole idea last year...

Does she have low self esteem, you ask? Hell, no! She's fine. She knows how proud we are of her and how much we love her because we tell her every day. Duh... That's what parents (should) do. I do not like it when school starts trying to step into my shoes. Frankly, it squishes my toes and pisses me off...

My girls know how proud we are and how much we love them because we tell them every day and show them love in a multitude of ways. Even when I am demanding that they brush their teeth and hair and please please please pick up their socks - it's out of love.

But the letters are written. One from Mom, one from Dad, so any potential harm that may occur from *not* getting a letter can be averted. Good Lord. And I will repost this disclaimer:

**I do not begrudge having to write Sporta a love letter. I have written both girls letters in the past... I just do not like being told to do it, or how it will potentially negatively affect Sporta if I don't. That's crap.