My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Voice...

Huh.

So in the wee hours of this morning (4:36 am for the curious). I was having one of those not quite sleeping - certainly not awake "dreams."

Kinda like your brain flipping through the channels of the cosmos trying to decide where your REM should go next... *click* Korean students in a math class *click* a county fair *click* border collies running near a lake *click* baking an apple pie *click*

All the while with the song U + UR Hand by Pink playing in the background...

(Yes, I know it's weird - so sue me.)

Just then, clear as day - loud, but not shouting - I hear: "Hey, Richmond!"

My eyes are now open and I try to become fully awake. The masculine voice was both familiar yet not instantly recognizable. And after blinking for a moment, I turned my head to the right (towards the source of the voice). Though I felt a bit of apprehension, I was not afraid.

And no one was there.

I waited for more, but nothing came. The house was still. I tried to determine who was giving me a shout out... Sure sounded real. Hope everything is okay.

Tried to go back to sleep - but it just wasn't going to happen.

I am ready for the sun to come up now, at any rate. That's for sure...