My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Offer not accepted...

Well then, that's a bit disheartening isn't it!?!

But not to worry... We are in a perfectly fine place and there is no reason to rush. And thanks to a great conversation I had today with a friend, I know just how open our options are...

[Thanks Christina! You are a great treetalkerdownerouter... And yes, that *is* the technical term. ;-) ]

And we learned a lot this week -

  • Like how marketable and cute our house will be when it goes on the market. Whether we hit the market sooner or later is the only question.
  • And how the bank is thrilled about lending us money!
  • And how easily/fast I can get this place squared away!

Hey - that's a lot. And my house is clean. Added bonus there! So back to square one basically. And you know, that's okay...

I saw 4 more houses I really liked today... This ball could still be rolling...

Update: And I should be more clear - the offer we made was to include all of the lower level renovations we wanted. The builder was unwilling to do the updates unless we were locked into a specific closing date (whether our current home had sold or not).

Since my last name is *not* Rockafeller, I do not want to risk having to float two mortgages. So we are just re-evaluating what we want to do here...