My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Partaaaaaay!!!!

Oh yeah...

There is nothing like having five little girls in your house to make you ever so thankful that only two live with you God made little girls...

It was a fine time, and whole new levels of giggling and pterodactyl screeching were achieved. For sure.

K. wanted to take all of her friends to see How To Eat Fried Worms. Mmmmm... Worms... So what better cake to serve than dirt cake*!!

I know Oddybobo was wanting a review of the film.

Well, the girls loved it... Though they all agree that boys can be pretty weird and gross.

For me, it's two hours that I will never get back, but the movie was better than the Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl so I am going to count my blessings. (And really enjoy a glass of wine later.)

There were a couple of cute moments, plenty of boyish ickyness, and I am sure that The Boy would love it. But she may have to watch him closely in the garden for a while.

Anyhoo, back to the party...

For the handy dandy crafty project, K designed tee shirts for each of her friends. You can actually buy tee-shirt-iron-on printable paper ~ print off your design at home and with the magic of fabric markers, everybody got to color their own caricature of themselves. Ain't technology grand??

Floam *gack* made an impromptu appearance *double gack* but after some clean up, games were played and pizza consumed.











Whoohoo! No lasting damage, but a couple of close calls. (I have found a craft project that truly *is* "mess free and fun" but that is a post for another day.)

I know, I know. I have to cut this short. Let's just say that it was a good time and turning 10 was quite the adventure. That's all that counts in my book. And they are all still here...

I need to go see how things are going.... And make sure that all floam was disposed of... *gack*

(Oh, and WxMan?? He is avoiding the estrogen fest and is ensconced in the Master Bedroom with his laptop and football on TV. (Go Sooners!) Though I am sure that he would LOVE to have is own "Man Room" right now... Quite sure.)