My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Yay! We made it in!!

Barely....

But the piano finally gave up the fight and decided to come inside. See??


Let the TLC begin!

This is one instance where my natural proclivity toward procrastination worked out. I am ever so glad that I didn't spend a bunch of time correcting the body damage while the piano lived in the garage. It was an interesting squeeze in through the front door and we managed to add a bit of our own. Yikes!

But nobody lost a finger or got crushed. That's a good thing.

The girls are even more thrilled, and given their desire to play, lessons are going to have to start sooner than later. I don't know how many variations and renditions of chopsticks I can take. Heh. We need an expanded repertoire.

As for me, I took years of piano lessons. I never had the ability to simply sit down and sight-read/play a piece, but with practice I think I could resurrect a few skills. Enough to amuse myself anyway. And that's what it's all about, isn't it?