My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Seven songs....

Rachel from Pereiraville has tagged me to:
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

Okay, here are my seven songs that I am really into right now (and some I have been continually into for a couple of years) in no particular order...
  1. "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet. For no good reason, I just love these guys. I want that they should all bathe and maybe get a haircut but the whole album makes me happy.
  2. "Better Now" by Collective Soul. Again, makes me happy. No good reason.
  3. "Don't Know Why" by Norah Jones. This girls voice just blows me away. I think she is soooooo talented.
  4. "Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5. Comfy like the perfect pair of jeans.
  5. "Pretty Vegas" by INXS. Hubby and I watched that whole "search for a new frontman for INXS" show last summer and we loved it when the guy they eventually chose sang this.
  6. "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield. No clue why I like it -- I just do.
  7. "Feeling Good" and "Home" Michael Buble. Love his voice. Sometimes I find "crooners" annoying. Not this guy.
And via Virenda at The Green Straw here is a way to find out what the number one song was on the day you were born aka your "birth" song. For me it's "I'll Be There" by the Jackson 5. Wow. I feel old....

Ahhh. So now who to tag.... Hmmm.... Well, I tag:

Virenda at The Green Straw 'cuz I am curious as to what the young people are listening to...
Eric the Straight White Guy (even though I know he isn't crazy about memes) because I am confident he will have a great 7 songs to share with us.
Oddybobo the Bobo Blogger because she won today's brain bender.
Ktreva at The Reality Ranch 'cuz I like her and I missed seeing her this weekend.
Brian at Point 2 Percent because it's been a while since I tagged him with anything.
Sarah at That's Not Very Nice because she has been with me in the corner all weekend.
And my friend Akshun over at On and On, And Two Steps Ahead 'cuz he is cooler than me and has very eclectic tastes.

Update: Music links added -- what the heck...