My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Not much happening

Not much going on today. I mean I know it's Superbowl Sunday, but when it's not your team playing, its more about the commercials and the snacks.

I will be cheering for Pittsburgh. Go Steelers! (Hubby may cheer for Seattle just to keep it interesting). And there will be yummy things to eat. I am planning to make my infamous taco dip (recipe to follow) and homemade guacamole while the kids will be making their own pizzas to enjoy. Par usual I am all about the yum!
-------------------
Taco Dip

1 lb pork sausage
1 Brick o'Velveeta
1 24 oz jar of picante sauce (I use Pace Mild)

Brown sausage and drain well, add picante and add cubed Velveeta (you can use Velveeta light with no ill effects). Set heat to low and stir occasionally. (You don't want it to scorch). Once the "cheese" is melted, serve warm with chips.
--------------------
Now I know this is a super simple recipe, and that Velveeta stretches the definition of "food" but it's crack, people. Pure crack. I don't make it very often because of it's combined unhealthy and addictive nature, but it's just the thing to serve at a Superbowl Party.

Anyway, hope your day is as cheesy and delicious as mine promises to be. Any big plans at your house?