My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Some tee shirts I may actually have to buy.....

I don't know what kind of mailing list I have gotten myself on, but for the past couple of months I have been getting catalogs filled with the damnedest things.....

The kind of stuff where at first you flip through and think,
"Who in the world would ever want any of this stuff?"
And then something will catch your eye and suddenly your are thinking,
"Hey, I may really need that!"
Even though there is no way in hell you have ever needed anything of the sort -- you've gotten by without one of those handy dandy food chiller appetizer trays...
"Keeps your snacks at the exact right temperature while entertaining -- perfect
for sushi!"
...your whole life, and odds are you don't need one now. Hell, you don't even eat (and would never try to serve) sushi! Even if I had a chillable appetizer tray.... that maintains a cool temperature for up to 3 hours.... and it is pretty and round and silver....... And it is only $19.95.........

See what I mean?

At any rate, I got another interesting catalog in the mail recently filled with a LARGE assortment of stuff I am pretty sure I don't need. (There was a Santa/Yoda on the cover, for heaven's sake -- now there's a clue!) But I have to admit, I am intrigued by some of the tee-shirts that they offered...
"I have multiple personalities and none of them like you."
"I've stopped listening. Why are you still talking?"
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
"Who are you and why are you reading my shirt?"
"Some days it's not even worth chewing through the restraints."
"It's better to have loved and lost than to live with the psycho the rest ofyour life."
"Shut up voices, or I'll poke you with a Q-Tip again!"
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
"You can't scare me, I have a 2 year old!"
"Just be happy I'm not a twin."
"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol."
"Even if the voices aren't real, they have some really good ideas."

I may have to actually make a purchase one of these days............ Oh, and the name of the catalog? What on Earth, of course.....