My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, October 28, 2005

Friday Already?

Really? Jeez -- that went fast. And I still feel like I am behind.

The weather promises to be crisp and chilly today and I am going to be up to my eyeballs with household chores. Did a quick surf around some blogs this morning and found that Bou had some choice words for those who refuse to prepare for a hurricane...


So this is my question... who in the hell were those people bitching that the FEMA people didn't react to give them ice and water in a timely manner? It was only TWENTY-FOUR HOURS after the storm. HELLO?!!!

And I saw a picture of a woman on day two, waiting in line for diapers for her baby. What?!!!! WHAT IS THAT ABOUT?!!!

And before anyone says they were the indigent, you're wrong. I am sure some of them were. There are poor people in S. Fl, but most in that line were not. I saw the people waiting in the lines. They could surely have afforded water and dry goods for a few days. I don't want to hear it. Some of them came from GATED COMMUNITIES! YES! It is true!!! There was NO EXCUSE for the LONG ASS lines of people waiting in their cars WASTING GASOLINE, only 24 hours after the storm.

I mean, if I was annoyed listening to the people complaining about the lack of FEMA response 24 whole hours after the hurricane goes through I can only imagine the frustration felt by those who actually *do* prepare. Good Grief! Bou has way more patience with the situation than I would have -- stupid/lazy people tick me off.....

We were in Chicago yesterday having some fun. (I hope to have some pics to post later.) There are some happy happy White Sox fans running around the Windy City this week. Nothing like a World Series win to put folks in a good mood.... But, as always, you can't please everyone -- we saw lots of happy faces and one kind of skulky guy who was wearing a "White Sox Suck" tee shirt. I'm not quite sure what he was trying to accomplish -- maybe he just felt the need to get his ass kicked or something....

Anyway, we had a fine day inspite of some rainy weather.

Okay, enough procrastinating. Happy Friday!