My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Well, it's *almost* Halloween, I guess....

For some reason, school will be out for the next week or so (something about parent teacher conferences combined with teacher workshops & meetings, blah,blah,blah.....) I don't pretend to understand the reasoning behind the scheduling....

So the kids are having all of their fall parties and annual costume parade today. A tad early, but what the hey -- nobody asked me..... I am hoping to get some cutie pics of the parade later and I have my cupcakes decorated and ready to roll for the parties.

I just love seeing all of the kids in costume -- even the ones who dress in something that has fake blood dripping from a horrific wound. (There was a kid last year who's whole mask would look like it was gushing blood at any given moment. It was a big hit with the 10 and under crowd....)

K and A are going as a Witch and a Ninja (respectively). An excellent costume choice given the potential for cold weather here. (I am always thankful when they choose a costume idea that can be layered for warmth if necessary.)

There's nothing like spending the afternoon with a bunch of sugared up costumed 5 to 10 year olds to get into the Halloween spirit......