My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mmmmmmm Pie.....

Grandma's Oatmeal Pie to be exact. Truly delicious family recipe -- I think it could probably hold it's own against just about any pie. ('Cept for maybe Oddybobo's pumpkin -- but wouldn't that be a fun taste test!)

Oatmeal Pie
(the recipe makes 2 pies)

1 Stick Oleo*
2 Cups sugar
4 eggs
1 Cup milk**
1 ½ Cups light Karo syrup
1 1/2 C. Quick Oats
1 Cup coconut (optional)***
½ Cup pecans

Mix well and pour into two prepared pie crusts (I use a deep dish crust). Bake at 350 for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes or until center seems set. Allow to cool. Serve with whipped cream (or warm with ice cream). Yummy!
* I use butter
**Mix milk with eggs prior to adding to the batter.
***I have never made the pie using coconut (this is my my father in law's favorite pie and he doesn't like coconut). But the pie is so good I can't imagine that coconut wouldn't just make it even more fabulous....


And since there is no such thing as too much pie.....


You Are Mud Pie

You're the perfect combo of flavor and depth
Those who like you give into their impulses







h/t ALa at Blonde Sagacity for the quiz