My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

A BS Blog

....I've got one too

Huh. As I read Boudicca this morning it occurred to me that I too have a Bullshit Blog -- not that *that* is a bad thing mind you! It's just that this will never be a "news blog" or a "political blog" or a "cute kid stories only" blog. Just a mish-mash of things that interest me or that I am thinking about -- A record of what is going on in our lives and a way for me to express myself.

I updated my Blogroll recently to include all of the blogs that I read regularly (some daily, others at least weekly) and I have been thinking about writing a post that kind of illustrates my favorite blogs and bloggers. As Bou put it,
"I don't talk about Matty [Blackfive] because... everyone knows about him. He's a big Blogger, a household name amongst other bloggers. I read him, I try to read him
every day, but I don't mention him much as I know everyone reads him.

But then I thought, perhaps there is a new reader out there, a new
blogger, who doesn't know... and should."

Exactly. Blackfive is a daily stop for me and has been since he started blogging -- He has brought many many stories about the great things our men and women in uniform are doing to light that would have NEVER been known without his tireless dedication. Matt has inspired me personally to donate to Soldier's Angles and makes me feel like I can make a difference when it comes to supporting our troops.

Some other Blogs I read daily for their military perspective are SMASH the Indepundit and Greyhawk's Mudville Gazette. Great great milblogging there. Smash has also been doing terrific things in his native San Diego launching Operation Thank You to counter protest the vociferous (and sometimes downright mean) war protesters that gather there. Matthew Heidt at Froggy Ruminations also does great work highlighting our military from a SEAL's perspective.

For news and current events I turn to Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit -- I have no idea how he manages to blog so much so quickly and coherently but he does.
Also daily, I read Stephen Green and Will Collier at Vodka Pundit, Ann Althouse, John Hinderaker, Scott Johnson and Paul Mirengoff at PowerLine and Wretchard at the Bellmont Club. I always find good information and perspective.

Now for fun, I start every day with James Lileks andThe Bleat. You never know what you are going to get. A Gnat (his daughter) story more often than not but usually with something else. A link to a site for drunken Wookies for example, or a funny story about star wars. Like I said, you never know.

Other folks I read every day just because I really like their blogs and the way they write/stories they tell are: Michele at A Small Victory She writes about *everything*, Frank J. and the crew at IMAO for political and other humor, Sarah K at mountaineer Musings (she is engaged to the aforementioned Frank J and they met via blogging), Varifrank -- he is hard to define blogging-wise, Doc Russia at Bloodletting -- a former Marine and current medical student in Huston, Neo Neocon who discusses politics/current events, Basil's Blog -- great linkagery there, Eric at Straight White Guy for the snarky southern perspective, Steve H. at Hog On Ice (someday I am going to order his cookbook!), Rob Smith (the *king* of snark) at Gut Rumbles, Tammi (formerly of Road Warrior Survival) at Tammi's World who sounds like the nicest person and like someone who, like me, has "Super Hostess Syndrome", Bou at Boudicca's Voice for all of the great *mom* and family stories, and Harvey of Bad Example who's blogging tips were instrumental in helping me start this blog.

Jeez, looking back that seems like a lot and I read so many other great blogs too! That's just it, though. The blogosphere has given rise to so many new voices and has exponentially increased our ability to exchange information and ideas. How cool is that?