My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, February 06, 2009

This post was brought to you by the letter *F*...

Friday! Yay yay yay - it's Friday!!


And we are above freezing!!! Whoohoo! It's not sub zero today!


And my folks arrived safely last night! Yay folks!


I bet you were anticipating a whole different set of f-words... But really - today is a good day around here.

Pop just got back from a round of followup appointments at Mayo's. All things considered, things are going pretty okay for him!! Post surgery and treatment he can speak and swallow and they cleared him to start eating again. And *that* is good news... There have been more than a few bumps in the road, but the hurdles seem to be fewer and farther between. ::knock on wood:: His plan is to just keep on truckin' - and he has put in an order for brats sooner than later. I think I can do that...

The weather promises to be quite nice this weekend - with highs in the 40's. And just between you and me, to us that is WARM. Seriously. Like hang out on the patio warm... I saw two people in Wally World today wearing shorts. Shorts! And a jacket, of course... But still...

And it Farookin' Friday. that's something to celebrate in and of itself, right?

Right.