My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, February 27, 2009

TGIF

(Update 5:47 - Rave gave me a call to let me know that comments are not working today. I confirmed with Haloscan and hopefully they will be back up and running soon! Thanks Rave!)

Good grief... What a whirlwind week it has been! And naturally, there is even more on tap for me coming up. Though in no way will *this* weekend be as busy for me as last weekend was...

Again - thank God.

On a positive note, I had a wonderful visit with my friend Steph - the girls did too! And she made it home safe and sound...


It's always so great to get to see her and spend a little good girlfriend time! I only wish we could have eked out a little more time just to play...

But like I said - it's been a BUSY week...

I honestly don't know how moms can work full time, manage all the kids activities, keep the house clean, cook, mind homework duties, etc...etc...etc... and not completely lose their everlovin' minds! Seriously! And then make it to church on Sunday!

Me? I struggle... And I work part time. Now granted, this week if you count my cooking for the Relay for Life Chimichanga Dinner fundraiser (it was fabulous, btw) my work hours are really really close to 40, but still... I applaud all of you who can pull it off every week. Kudos to you!

Personally, I am ready for a break.

Not going to happen quite yet though - I am off and running again. I have a kid to pick up from school, a couple of errands to run (whaddya 'sopze the odds are that I can maybe run to Kohl's and find the *perfect* brown slacks in 20 minutes???), and I have to put a couple more hours in at the office...

Then dinner, finish the church newsletter, and make sure I am squared away for the weekend.

Is it too early to be thinking about cocktail hour?? Seriously...

Happy Friday!