My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Oh yes....


Nothing says that the holidays are on the way like the big honking end cap display of Everclear at the Wall-Mart liquor store.

Everclear. Holy crap.

Company's coming - stock up...

Shit. I haven't thought about Everclear in a VERY long time... Not that I would remember much anyway, let's face it. And because I am me, I just had to ask the chicky-poo behind the counter what was up with the holiday Everclear display. I explained that I hadn't grown up here, and even as a bartender never had any real use for Everclear. So really, WTF?

Her response?? "Oh yaaa - around here it makes some really popular holiday drinks! Perfect for those family gatherings!"

Holiday Everclear. Who wouldda thunk...

Anyway, I figure we will be all good around Casa deRich, though. It's just going to be the four* of us, so far. I am thinking Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, dressing, macaroni and cheese, peas or green beans almondine, and rolls. Oh - and pie. Pumpkin pie...

Throw in Monopoly and a movie and I think that will make the day... And I'll just have wine, thanks. Good grief...

*Naturally the next day I will be bringing lunch in to my hubby's employees. All 150 of them. Black Friday goes so much better when those kids are fed... The Menu? Soup, sandwiches and macaroni and cheese... Without the mac-n-cheese there would be mutiny I am told... Heh.