My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Okay - here we go...


I have a confession to make.

Hi! My name is Richmond, and I read junk...

Hi, Richmond!

Oh yes. I read escapist, ridiculous, silly assed junk.

And I like it.

A lot.

I am just now resurfacing after having completed a whole new (to me) series of complete and utter junk... And it was wonderful.

So, what was it?? The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. Holy crap. This was really really good... Meaningful? Nahhh... Socially redeemable?? Nope. But escapism in it's purist form. And man oh man - I needed some of that. Finished it today, as a matter of fact.

Is it wrong to finish a series of stories about teenage angst and true love within the framework of a "family" of vampires combined with a tribe of werewolves just before going to church??

Not if you are me, apparently.

Loved. It.

Loved it all...

But now it's done.

And since I dove into these four books with the abandon of a starving man diving into a sack of skinny cheese burgers, I think I may have to re-read the series immediately. If not sooner...

And then go looking for another bit of junk to fill my psyche...

Good junk, though. Anybody have some suggestions? I am all ears....

Mmmmmmm... More literary skinny cheese burgers for me, please. I'm starved.