My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A tisket... A tasket...

A watermelon basket...


Well... It could have come out looking worse. Reason number 4,536 why I like to do a test run before cooking for an event. It's good to remind yourself of some of the whoopsies that can happen along the way. Saves time and money and sanity. Most importantly...

And the girls got to eat a whole lotta watermelon - an added bonus.

And what's the gig?? Well, it's a graduation party. For the daughter of Hostess Gal. You remember her??

Sporta (who was invited): "Miss Hostess Gal? Would it be okay if *I* had something to eat??"

HG: "Well, since your mom isn't eating, I guess it would be okay."
She could probably use my help. You think??

And no - this gig will not be pro bono. Not by a long shot...