My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

If it were 1978...

...she'd be picking up body parts right now.** Good grief.

And check out the anchors on this thing!

Sumbitch - why she would think that hanging on a towel bar was a good idea is beyond me. We have had a long discussion about the purpose of a TOWEL BAR. As in, how they are equipped to hang TOWELS on - not kids.

Someday a future landlord owes me one - I think she will not be pulling this stunt again. One can hope, anyway...

And yet again, another reason why it seems like a good idea for your kids to leave home at 18. Shit.

**For the record, while not picking up body parts (which is (and was) not the *best way to discipline - IMO.) She has lost her TV privileges for the week and is grounded to her room tonight and after school tomorrow. It's a thing called consequences for your actions.

When she wailed - "But what will I do, Mom???" I replied. "You can read. You DO know how."

Meanwhile, I will be doing unexpected home repair. Shit.

Oh - and I ended up with a BIG HONKING MIGRAINE today. Goody... That makes it all soooooo much better. Not.