My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Gray and dreary....

Making it a perfect day to watch Harry Potter and putter in the kitchen. I have a bunch of baking and candy making to catch up on! Whoohoo!!

So meanwhile, how about a Christmas Meme!

---------------------------------

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate / EGG NOG IS JUST WRONG! (Unless Christina is making it into cakes - then it's yummy for sure!!)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? This is the first year that Santa is wrapping (and some are under the tree already...) I still believe in the Big Guy, though. You never know when magic is going to happen!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? In the past *always* colored (but never blinking) WxMan wanted a solid color this year - so we have white lights on the trees and the house. It's pretty...

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope - wouldn't even know where to get any!

5. When do you put up your decorations? ASAP after Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Oooohhhh.... I love everything. Traditional turkey dinner, Spiral sliced ham with homemade Macaroni and Cheese, Prime Rib... Mmmmm....

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Phone calls from Santa on Christmas Eve - My Grandpa John would go to the pay phone near our house (hell, it may have been one of the only ones in town!) and call my brother and I. My dad carries on the tradition to this day - though it is a might easier with cell phones. : )

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was young - 5?? 6?? I mourned the loss terribly - and then decided to believe in him anyway. Like I said - you never know when magic is going to happen... As for the girls, my policy is that if you deny the Big Guy exists - he doesn't bring you presents. Their choice!

9. What does your stocking look like? My childhood stocking, my mother made - it is an Angel with JOY...

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Red beads, and Ornaments that we have been gifted through the years. I have the ornament that I made in Kindergarten!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE IT!!! Until January 15th... Then it is no longer festive and I am ready for spring - three months early...

12. Can you ice skate? Yes - but I have discovered that gravity (and it's effects) are much harsher now than when I was a kid... yowch!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Every gift is a favorite. Recently though, WxMan surprised me with an anniversary band that I wear constantly.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Enjoying time with family and friends. Eat Drink and Make Merry!!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Toffee is *always* good.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Presents Christmas Morning - and we always watch a movie as a family Christmas Eve...

17. What tops your tree? Angels for days...

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving is the best.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I love the classics... and can whistle/sing along to them all.

20. Candy Canes? To eat? Nahhh... But I keep a Santa Boot on hand filled with them. It's tradition! And the girls loooove the continuous access to candy.



----------------------

Alrighty then - that was fun. I am headed back to the kitchen. Snickerdoodles are up next!

Update: I think I need a bigger spatula... This is one of those times I wish blogger had a "insert smell" option.