My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's Christmas, the Meme!

Which is kind of like "Jabba the Hut" or "Stevie the Hammer" only without the underlying hostility.

At least I don't think Contagion was being hostile when he tagged me with this... Generally, he is just terribly shy. Never hostile....

Well, almost never...

Anyhoo, here we go!

Christmas Meme

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both! I am an equal opportunity wrapper.

2.Real tree or artificial? Artificial. My folks got an artificial tree once they realized they had been poisoning my little brother every Christmas. (He's very allergic to evergreen trees and would get sick as a dog every year over Christmas - go figure). So when it came time for me to get my own tree, going with an artificial tree was a no brainer.

3.When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving.

4.When do you take the tree down? Generally the first weekend in January, or whenever WxMan feels like helping me do it.

5.Do you like eggnog? No. It's just too...uh...creamy...and...uh...eggy. And something else I can't quite put my finger on... Yuck. Besides there's lots of other yummy cocktails to have that are not eggy....

6.Favorite gift you received as a child? This is a really tough question. I'll have to grind on it for a while...

7.Do you have a nativity scene? Yup. It was given to WxMan and I by his grandmother after we were married. She had purchased it when WxMan was three. I love the history...

8.Hardest person to buy for? All of our parents. They already have everything!

9.Easiest person to buy for? My nephew and WxMan and the Girls. All they are interested in are toys...

10.Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. I am trying to get ours done in fact.

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Again, this is a really tough one!

12.Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life.

13.When do you start shopping? I am always on the look out for things that people I love will love, but I do the bulk of my shopping in December just like everybody...

14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? More likely than not...

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love the toffee my mom and I make...

16.Clear lights or colored on the tree? We are a house divided. I like multi-colored lights and WxMan prefers to have clear lights (or just one color). Since my preference was followed for our last tree and what not, I think we will have clear lights next year.

17.Favorite Christmas song? Holly Jolly Christmas - I just love that one...

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? We have not travelled at Christmas for years. I like staying home.

19.Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? Of course! Even Olive, the Other Reindeer!

20.Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel all the way....

21.Open the presents on Christmas eve or morning? Christmas Morning.

22.Most annoying thing about this time of year? Trying to get everything done.

23.Do you have Jebus in your heart this Christmas? Who?? Oh. Well of course! He is the "reason for the season" after all. And he is on top of my piano too!

24.What would you like for Christmas? More patience and more peace. But I don't think I will be getting much of either until after the girls go to college. ;-)

Alrighty then! Now, who to tag... Hmmmmm.....

Well, I'll tag Oddybobo to help her pass the time until Christmas Day.

Roses because I owe her a tag or two.

Freddie for the same reason...

And just for fun and further male perspective I'll tag Harvey. He's always got a few bad examples for us...

Merry Christmas!!