My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, October 02, 2006

Motivation....

See, here's the thing.

I have all of this houseworky crap to do, and no real motivation to get it done.

The girls don't care, I assure you. And WxMan?? Well, if the housework were to create obstacles that made it difficult to get to his chair, he might give a crap. Let me stress the word might.

So, it's all up to me.

And what I want to do is dink around on the internet and see what all y'all are up to. Or blog about whatever myself. Blogging is not helping me get stuff done around the house.

So this afternoon, I took a meeting with my self.


"Self," I said, "We are going to have to come up with a solution here! You have work to do and all you want to do is dink around on the interwebernets. What gives??"

I replied, "I don't know! I guess it's just that playing on the interwebernets is so much more fun that just about any kind of cleaning or organizing I can think of! Can't we come up with a solution of some sort??"

"I don't know. Do you have any ideas??"

...

"Well it would be great if we could combine the two. But how would that work??"

"Hmmm... I think I might have an idea. Why don't you go get the digital camera and meet me in the kitchen! Wait! Let's both go!"

Ready??

I present "new kitchen curtains" project #122. Complete.






The smaller picture is so you can get a better idea of the wall color...)



So let's see if this helps with the motivation somewhat. If it does you can soon look forward to "laundry room" project #96 and "by the basement stairs" #105.

Lord knows I am....

(not)