My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Does logic even visit there??

You tell me....

On the way home from work today, I needed to stop and pick up a greeting card.

Hey, you know. It happens.

So I pull into Target thinking I'll just run in and snag one.

As I get in line to check out, (behind the lady with 85 plastic pumpkin buckets) the Little Checker Chickypoo looks at my lone greeting card lying on the conveyor. She is in a state of extreme perkiness...

Chickypoo: "Is this everything for you today??" ::bouncing slightly::

Me: "Uh huh, that's it." ::sooooo not bouncing::

Chickypoo: "Well! Would you like to save 10% on your purchases today by applying for a Target credit card??" ::still bouncing::

Me: ...

Me: "I'm only buying a greeting card. It's going to be like $2.00." ::still not bouncing::

Chickypoo: "Yes! Uh huh!" ::bouncing::

Me: ...

Me: "Uh... No thanks."

Chickypoo: "Okay, that will be $2.28!" ::boun... oh hell, you get the idea...::

----------------------

So seriously, is it just me or is this whole offer the freeking credit card "you get a 10% discount" thing just getting outta hand!?!?!

I mean, c'mon! Like I am going to fill out a bunch of paperwork and wait on approval when I am only there to purchase a $2.00 item??

I don't think so.

And even if they have a "you must offer to every customer, every time" policy, wouldn't common sense have some sort of role in the whole deal??

'Course maybe it's just because I'm not bouncy....