My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

20 Questions....

Okay, not really. It's more like 39. I found this meme over at Warts and All (one of my new favorites). Thanks for letting me steal it, Freddie!

1. Were you named after anyone?
Yes. Richmond was my paternal grandmother's maiden name. My father's only sister is also named Richmond.

2. Do you wish on stars?
Absolutely.

3. Do you like your hand writing?
I guess so. I never really thought about it one way of the other....

4. What is your favorite meat?
I don't know that I have a favorite, or at least my "favorite" depends on what I'm hungry for that day. There are a couple of meats that I do not like, such as lamb and gator.

5. What is the most embarrassing CD on your shelf?
Embarrassing? Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet. What can I say? It was the 80's...

6. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you?
Definitely. I am a great friend to have.

7. Are you a daredevil?
Nope. Never have been.

8. When was the last time you cried?
Like full on boo-hooing?? When my Uncle Ben was diagnosed with cancer last year. I get choked up and emotional all the time but I have never been much of a crier.

9. Did you ever tell a secret you weren't supposed to?
I'm sure I have - I am female after all. But much of the time if someone tells me something that I am "not supposed to know" I almost instantly forget about it. I think it is some sort of weird defense mechanism.

10. How do you release anger?
Who knew you could release anger?? No really. I just usually have to talk (or rant) it out. Arm flapping in optional.

11. Where is your second home?
One home is all I need to keep track of thankyouverymuch....

12. Do you trust others easily?
Yes. When I meet people I generally have an instant gut reaction. I have a great sense for trustworthyness, though I will sometimes get a "be cautious" vibe. On rare occasion I will have a very visceral negative reaction to someone. And my gut has never lead me wrong, or lied.

13. What class in college do you think is totally useless?
Useless in general? Or useless for me? Useless in general would be..... huh. I am struggling to come up with anything. Useless for me would be Calculus. Only class I ever failed. I just could.not.get.it. Ugh.

14. Have you ever been in a mosh pit?
No. And for the love of Mike, why would you ever?

15. What do you look for in a guy?
('Course it's been a while since I have "been looking"...)

A nice smile, sense of humor, kindness, great eyes, arms, and just a sense of "guyness." Metro-sexuals or sensitive girly men need not apply. (They tend to piss me off.) Oh, and they have to smell good...

16. Would you do a bungee jump?
Not a chance.

17. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
French vanilla.

18. What is your least favorite thing?
Spiders.

19. How many people do you have a crush on right now?
Not telling. ; )

20. What do you miss most right now?
Having no responsibilities. (This was Freddie's answer, but I am hard pressed to come up with a better one...)

21. What are you listening to right now?
Silence. The kids are at school and all is quiet. Okay, the dog might be snoring just a little.

22. What is the weather like right now?
Sunny and 64. Gorgeous!

23. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My husband.

24. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
His eyes and how he carries himself.

25.Favorite drink non-alcoholic?
Diet coke

26.Favorite alcoholic drink?
I like wine, dark beer, and Scotch. Picking a favorite is tough, it depends on the day and my mood...

27. Haircolor?
Blonde (Though it is getting darker as I get older...)

28. Eyecolor?
Blue - Gray

29. Wear contacts?
No. And no glasses.

30. Last movie you watched?
The Weatherman - it sucked.

31. Favorite day of the year?
New Year's Day. It marks a new beginning, I don't have to cook a big feast unless I feel like it, and we generally have the day off and can all hang out together.

32. How many people have a crush on you right now?
No clue. I think I am pretty non-crushworthy.

33. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings. I am a sap, and an optimist. And I just can't do scary movies anymore (nor do I want to).

34. Summer or winter?
Yes! There are parts of both that I love!

35. What book/magazine are you reading at the moment?
Predator by Patricia Cornwell

36. What's on your mouse pad?
Nada. It's gray.

37. What did you watch on TV last night?
American Idol. Buh-bye Kellie!!

37.Favorite Smell?
I have several... Vanilla, line dried sheets, rain, my grandfather's pipe tobacco, lemon, freshly mowed grass. Oh wait, I wrote a post about this ages ago...

38. Do you regret ever breaking up with someone?
Sort of. I probably could have handled the ending of a few relationships better. But I wouldn't want to be married to anyone else, so things obviously worked out the way they were supposed to.

39.Favorite actor/actress?
Like as far as actual acting goes? Or as eye-candy? For acting, I love Tom Hanks. For eye candy, Hugh Jackman. Mmmmm....

Okay, yay! That was fun....