My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Twenty Questions

Tige, from Blue Tige didn't "tag" me to answer. But he asked so nicely, how could I say no? (And I could use the blog fodder (I am waaaaaay behind schedule this week....)

-------
1. Best memory?
Waking up the day after my wedding, looking at my husband and realizing that we were on our way. That day everything was possible. (I would list the days that I had my children but I have to tell you, those were long hard days. Productive and great, yes. But long and painful and sweaty too. And for one I was heavily medicated.... Not good memory making there.)

2. Most terrible day?
September the 11th, 2001 comes to mind. I have mostly had pretty good days.

3. Birth City? Laramie, Wyoming

4. Favorite thing to do?
Read. And I love to entertain and cook for people.

5. Hollywood Crush? and why?
Hmmmmm. I am really not coming up with one here. Don't get me wrong, I love men -- there just isn't any one man in Hollywood that is really "doing it" for me right now. Huh.

6. Favorite food?
Filet mignon, medium rare with all of the trimmings.

7. City you want to visit most and why?
Just one? Okay. Madrid. Because It looks wonderful and I speak enough spanish to have a clue.

8. Fantasy/dream that you want to come true?
To see my girls become independent and happy and to retire with my husband somewhere we can both pursue our interests. (For me that means living on planet earth. For him that means unlimited access to several primo golf courses.)

9. Favorite sport?
Well, swimming was my sport. To watch though, OU Football or pretty much any and all Olympic sports.

10. How long have you been married? 11 years (12 in September)

12. Favorite song and why?
I have to go with more than one, sorry. At Last (Etta James), One More for the Road , Mustang Sally (great to dance to!), there are just too many to list....

13. Someone you most admire?
Colin Powell. He has a most honorable record of service, and in my humble opinion he is a man of great intellect and integrity.

14. Someone you hate and why?
Hate is not an emotion that I dwell on but there are a few people that I wouldn't flinch to see fall off of a cliff. (Many of whom are being sought out in the WOT.)

15. Secret crush?
Hello! If I tell, then it's no longer a secret! :)

16. One (maybe 2) rule/s you live by?
1) Complete honesty in word and deed is a good way to get punched out.
2) Follow your instincts. They are God's way of whispering in your ear.

17. Do you believe in God? Yes.

18. A dark secret (we won't tell)...
Again, if I told, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, silly!

19. Most treasured item and why?
I have many, many treasured items (I'm a nostalgia girl). Let's go with just the ones in my kitchen (my room). An apron my Nonny made for me when I was little to wear when we cooked together, Her biscuit cutter, the tiny bird candlesticks from Mexico given to me by Uncle Ben, wineglasses from my best friend Steph, the little silver bowl from Tiffany's I got from my Uncle Lincoln as a wedding gift (first time I ever got something from Tiffany's), great grandma Anderson's china (thank's Mom!), my Nonny's cookie jar, All of the little artsy doo-dads my girls have made me that adorn my window ledge, and much, much more... (My Nonny has always had a big influence on my culinery skills, can you tell?)

19. If you could turn back time, what would you do and why?
Too big of a question. I mean personally? Lot's of things I would change... uh, I think.... I don't know. Those choices got me where I am today. I don't know if I would want to risk the outcome. And historically/globally? Holy crap! Who needs that kind of pressure?!?! I say we try to remember the past and make better decisions for the future.

20. Last but certainly not least, what kind of "work" do you do and do you enjoy it?
First and foremost I am a Mother, Wife, and Homemaker. My calling, I believe is to make my little corner of the world warm and welcoming. And most days, I enjoy it immensly. Recently, I have blogged about getting a "real" job (meaning one that pays me money). I am a part-time inspector/packer for a local thermo-formed plastics company. And so far I like it just fine. The hours are good, the pay isn't bad, and the people who work there are witty and funny as hell. I think once I stop getting lost on my way to the break-room I'll be all good!
------------------

Now, who to tag... Hmmmm.... Well, it has recently come to my attention that a good friend of mine has started a blog.... So I tag Akshun J over at On and On, And Two Steps. (He's got a great ass grabbin' post up today. Ha!) And what better way to welcome a fellow blogger than to tag them with their first meme?

Update: Others are answering Tige's non-tag. Here are Cal Tech Girl's 20 Q. Ktreva at the Reality Ranch too! Okay, there's more... like PureMood

Corrected: The link for my anniversary was wrong... It is now fixed. :)