My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Playing in the Pumpkin Patch

How much fun is this?

The goal was to try and hit a target in the lake....

Winner gets a free pumpkin, of course!










Saturday we made our way north (near Lodi) to a terrific farm/pumpkin patch to have some fall fun accompanied (okay, so that should read lead) by our neighbors. It was a perfect day -- sunny, warm and gorgeous. Boy Scouts selling brats, chickens vying for stray bits of popcorn, goats to pet (when they weren't trying to eat the garbage), a corn maze, and a gajillion pumpkins to choose from.

We had a great time.

It was one of those days that I wish I could bottle -- just so that when we are having a crap day, I could pop the cork and savor the essence.

(You know, actually, it would be nice to have a whole shelf full of bottles like that, just to get us through, oh say February..... But I digress.....)

There were all manner of squash and gourds to choose from as well. I bought an array so that maybe I can plant the seeds an grow a few of my own! I haven't decided if I am going to plant the seeds from this guy, though....

I mean, how many alien pods can one girl need in a lifetime? Unless I can figure out a way to make them glow and look like they are pulsating -- then it would be kinda cool......

I picked this one because it looks a bit like yoda.... Don't you think?

Would a "yoda head on a platter" be too traumatic for Halloween? I don't want to earn more tricks than treats after all....