My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Friday, October 07, 2005

Cooking.....

The news is doing nothing for me today...
(blah blah blah Miers, blah blah blah Katie Holmes and Jessica Simpson [who cares?] blah blah blah terrorist threat [well, duh...], blah blah blah high gas prices [again, duh...] blah blah blah.....)
...and it is a brisk forty something degrees out and cloudy so I am going to cook today.

A big pot of homemade Chicken Soup, Chicken Enchiladas, and I think I will do some baking -- I want to make this Herbed bread that has been sounding good. If nothing else I will be happily distracted, while filling my house with good smells (while I fill the freezer too). Always a good thing.

It's Homecoming here today and hubby had promised the girls that he would take them to the game -- what could be better than a nice bowl of chicken soup before (and possibly after) that?

So that's what I will be doing. What's on your agenda for today?