My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Belize - Day 1

If you know me at all, you know a few things about me for sure...

While I loooooove good food, good friends and a good time (all of which were plentiful in Belize) - I HATE spiders. And I DO NOT LIKE to fly. At all.

Nope - Richmond is much much happier when she is on the ground. Even if that is where the spiders are... Now I didn't see any spiders in Belize, thank heavens. The flying?? Well we did that a LOT.

Here is Sporta on the BIG plane from Dallas to Belize. See how happy she is??

Me?? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I always get ON the plane. I just have my little rituals and deep breathing to do. The payoff when you are going to paradise is much bigger than say - when you are going to Provo. That big payoff is why the planes get so much smaller, I think...

Like this...

Riiiiight. I even took some video of one of these babies taking off. I am *not* zoomed in and I took the video from the "waiting area" - the wing went over our heads...

Okay - so the video wouldn't load. I'll keep trying. Got it to load - finally!


And like I said, the payoff is great...




San Pedro from the air...
Baggage claim!
So, once we retrieved out bags: "That one! And that one! And that one! Okay, lets go!!" They hustled us down to the dock so we could catch the water taxi to the resort.


Whoa... It was breezy, warm and beautiful. The girls totally loved riding the water taxi, and the views were absolutely spectacular.

After a few minutes, we arrived at Belizean Shores where we were greeted with trays of rum punch and a whole bevy of guys waiting to wheelbarrow our belongings to our beautifully appointed rooms...



Again - whoa...

The girls were MORE than ready to try out the pool - as was I at that point. Too bad the view was so crappy...

Yeah - that sucks alright. Not.

A few rum punches and a good time later we met everybody for dinner. A day well spent, I think... And the coconut shrimp was fantastic!
Day 2 tomorrow, kids...