My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Monday, June 18, 2007

You mean we're *really* going to move??

Holy Crap!

Well, look at that. I think this deal is going to really come together! And all I can say is that it better - because we just went and bought a bunch of appliances that sure as heck won't fit in here.

No way.

So in the interest of full disclosure (and because as a woman I know the whole phenomenon of "So whadidya buy?!?!? I Wanna see!!!**) here are some pics of what we I have chosen for the new house...












This Maytag fridge is awesome - and you see that area in the bottom that looks like a shallow drawer? It *is* a shallow drawer - and won't that be fabulous for when I am preparing trays for a soiree!! And it has shelves that you can move up and down simply by turning a crank inside - that's dead handy as well... I have been trying to fit the iced tea jug in our current fridge - not going to happen...

Moving on. Here is the little guy we have chosen for down stairs.


Cute, huh?


And won't it look great near this??



Had to chose a new oven...











The handles are brushed stainless - so that will tie in with the fridge. Ad I think I am going to really like white. I have to say - black shows every farooking finger print, every mote of dust, every.thing. It's maddening...

And for laundry, I decided on this Samsung set.









Not the red (somehow that just seems too trendy). Anybody but me remember harvest gold and avocado green appliances?? Yeah - they were trendy too...

And these I saw in Ikea and I think they will give me the feel of the built-ins I have now at an nth of the price...











I am thinking I can mix and match the shelves with cabinets underneath with the floor to ceiling shelves. Functional storage and a great price!! Whoohoo!

To his credit, WxMan didn't have a lot to say - except to offer an opinion of one brand vs. another. But then his day is coming. The TV and surround sound system are next... Somehow I think he may have more opinions then...

**I think the "So whaddidya buy??" scenario for women is akin to "She was soooo HOT..." for men. But I could be wrong. I do find the new fridge really attractive, though. ;^)