My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Oh Man! I am gonna pay later...

...but I sure am happy now!

It's Father's Day - which means while I represented the family in God's House, WxMan and the girls slept in and went out for breakfast.

I am not above taking one for the team, y'all...

So, what that translated to later was that we did some serious appliance shopping for the new house, lunch got skipped (hello- 3/4 of the players here were FULL), and for dinner?? We had Treat Night.

What is Treat Night, you ask?

Well, back in the day (when *I* was a kid) many a Sunday night was dubbed treat night by my Mom. Just in time for the start of Wonderful World of Disney (6pm C/M) my Mom would lay out an array of "treats." Hors d'oeuvres for kids... yum.

Now, keep in mind - I grew up in Podunk, Wyoming. There was not a lot of "fast food" or even restaurants to choose from. You got what your Mom fixed. Every.single.day. And if your mom was a sucky cook? Too bad for you, my friend. Too damn bad.

Fortunately, my mom was a GREAT cook - and she also knew how to have fun. Hence, Treat Night...

So here's where I am.

We have just enjoyed nachos, cheese sticks, mini corn dogs, breaded shrimp, jalapeno poppers, a veggie tray (hey - I am *still* a mom...) and hot wings. All of the condiments you can imagine, and later? Floats. Yummy ice cream floats.

Life is good...

So happy Father's Day to all you father's. Especially ours. May your treats be plentiful and the pay-back minimal. It's all good...