My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Random Stuff...

It just one of those days. One of those days that you can just tell is going to be busy and yet fairly non-productive...

I have a ton of things on my list to get done. Screaming at me from the top is Mother's Day. Holy Cow! How this particular holiday manages to sneak up on me every year I have yet to figure out, but it does. Every year it is a scramble to come up with and then execute an idea for a gift.

Of course the key word here is execute. There's where I end up faltering (and subsequently late). I envy those who have there Mother's in the same town with them this time of year. When your mom is 15 minutes, or hell - even an hour away you are golden come Mother's Day. Pick up some flowers, take them to lunch, and Ta - Daa! Well done, offspring! Mission accomplished!

When all of the Mother's in your life live whole states away, the scenario is a bit different. First you go through the "plausible idea phase," figuring out what you can get them that they will both enjoy and appreciate, what's in the budget, and trying to avoid being cliche all at the same time. Then (in my world anyway) since 75% of the Mother's I am thinking about technically "belong" to my Hubby, you have to get at least a modicum of spousal approval. (Read: getting him to focus and nod from his chair...) All set? Right.

Of course by this stage of the game I am already running late. And I hate to be late...

So that's my plan today. To get Mother's Day Squared away. Why I didn't figure this out last week, I'll never know... Sheesh!