My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Longer days...

One thing I do love about spring time (and summer) up North is the fact that you can really tell the days are getting longer.

'Course we have to endure the long dark winter first, but those first days where you are thinking, "Wow, the sun is already up!" are a real treat.

I love the extended daylight hours we get in the summer. I love that it's light enough (and warm enough) to play outside until 10:00pm. Love it. Love it. Love it. And yesterday for the first time this year, I was treated to a glorious sunrise on my way into work instead of the pitch black, or strange twilighty blue I had before.

Magentas and purples and deep shades of orange streaking the sky, the entire eastern horizon lit up and on fire. I'm so looking forward to today's show...