My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

5 Weird Habits Meme

So Trouble over at Dubious Wonder has tagged me to list 5 weird habits that I have. Do I have any weird habits? Dunno.... guess I'll find out.

1. I wave at cows. If I am driving along and go past a field of cows doing what cows do (grazing, standing around, laying down, whatever) I'll more likely than not wave at them. Don't know why. None have ever waved back. It just seems friendly, I guess.

2. I avoid dark uncovered windows. Almost pathologically -- it is a great internal struggle just to get close enough to one to draw the curtains even though I *know* that it's no big deal. Scares the crap outta me because all I can think of is how terrible it would be if the psychokiller (that is surely right out side watching) came crashing through the window to get me. Paranoid? Me? Nah....

3. I talk to my dogs (and other pets too, I guess) conversationally all the time. I even ask them questions and talk to them about their answers. A couple of years ago I walked into the house and started asking the doggies about how their day had been and what was going on only to turn the corner and see my father in law sitting on the couch looking at me like I was nuts. I 'spoze it's possible that I am, but hey! Taylor and Buddy like me!

4. I turn on (and leave on) lights in rooms that I have no plans to be in. I hate walking into a darkened room, so when it starts getting dark I will go around and turn on a small light in most rooms of the house. Just in case. It used to drive my husband crazy (probably still does) as he was forever trailing behind me turning off lights which in turn irritated me since I had to turn the darn things back on again. We seem to have come to a truce (meaning he gave up and I got my way). What can I say? I like to be greeted with a warm happy glow.

5. I have a habit of making up words to better convey (at least in my mind) what I am meaning. For example: CrapopottamusRex! or Schmugly or Grotokomous. Sometimes you just need a new word....

So there you go. Weird? Me? Well, apparently so. Huh.

So now is the time where I get to tag some folks. Hmmmmm. I don't want anybody to yell at me...

I tag OddyBobo 'cuz she tagged me with the alarmclock meme. And Alli at Fox Rants since she has decided to continue blogging -- yay!

They probably won't yell anyway..... And I'm 3 tag-ees short so anyone else who wants a tag, consider yourself tagged!