My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Fall Fall Fall


Fall is definitely in the air this week. 39 degrees as we woke up, with a predicted high of 61. A high of just 65 predicted tomorrow and then the forecast says that it will be in the low to mid 70's and sunny for the rest of the week with lows in the 50's. Perfect. Fall. Weather. My favorite.

We have one tree on the street that has jumped the line and gone ahead and changed into it's fall wardrobe. All of the others are holding out and are still very green -- the time is near though. Very near.

Had a busy, busy day yesterday. Ran errands with Grandma -- Wal-Mart and the grocery store. Then off to get a hair cut for me -- always an adventure, that. One of the curses when you move a lot is having to find all new practitioners from doctors to mechanics to hairdressers. And I have a hard time finding a decent hair stylist-cuttter-person for some reason.

Anyway, I really had to fight the urge to lop off about 10 inches and go with (what would be in my mind) a short sassy do. You know, grown up hair. The stylist talked me out of chopping it all off reminding me that winter is around the corner and I probably wouldn't be very happy having snow down my neck in the not too distant future. True, so true. Unfortunately, now I think I have the same haircut I had in 1989. Damn. I am hoping that it is just my usual post trim feak out stage but I had to fight hard this morning to keep from looking like some mutant cross of Sally Struthers with David Lee Roth. Yikes. Going to have to spin the wheel again and play more hairdresseer roulette.

More errands to run today and we will have the added pleasure of having one of A's soccer team-mates + older brother over after school. That should be fun. Tonight we have both swim lessons and soccer practice and then it's time to prep for the weekend and get ready to take G.G. to the airport for her return trip home on Sunday.

The great thing about that is that I get to make my 2nd trip ever to the IKEA store. Oh. My. Goodness. We stopped there for the first time the day we picked G.G. up just to see what all the fuss was about. It is like inexpensive organizational mecca plus cool dishes and lighting. And art. And furniture. And did I mention organizational products?? It was like visiting my home planet! That first day we only had about 30 minutes to spend, though which was sad. I didn't even have enough time to get to all of the departments. On Sunday I get to go back though! Yay!

So fall is in the air around here for sure. Time for shorter days and pumpkins. Crisp cool air and comfort food. And leaves, lots and lots of leaves because this is way fun...
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us The girls - fall 2003