My occasionally snarky thoughts on everything from motherhood, politics, life and current events. Cocktails are sometimes mandatory. Bottoms up!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Is honesty the best policy??

Or should the mantra be "Never give a Sucker an Even Break..."??

Made a quick run to the local grocery store - Piggly Wiggly - heh.

I needed to get some yummy lunch stuff and fresh fruit. On our way through the check out I was chatting with the gal, hearing all about all how she dropped her daughter at college, blah blah blah...

As WxMan and I walked through the parking lot, I realized that I had not mentioned to the checker gal that I left the two watermelons I had picked out *in* the cart. Checkers usually assure me, when I mention things like that, that they have it covered. "Already rang it up, Ma'am." No worries.

So I had the opportunity to take a quick look at my receipt and sure enough - no watermelons on there. So I asked WxMan to please go back in and rectify the error while I loaded the groceries into the car... With no argument, off he went. As he returned though, he was smiling. "They were surprised!" he said. "That doesn't happen very often, I guess..."

Maybe I am a sucker. But it seems like honesty is the best policy - and I am in dire need of some good karma these days...

What would YOU have done?? Am I just too much of a goody goody??